Rainbow Chard and Halloumi Stuffed Tomatoes
- 5 tomatoes, tops sliced off
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp capers , roughly chopped
- 7 Kalamata olives (about 1/4 cup, roughly chopped)
- 2 stalks rainbow chard, stems discarded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces Halloumi, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Scoop out the middle of the tomatoes. You want a nice big whole to stuff the filling in, but enough tomato to hold it and not burst/tear/break apart at the seams. I found that using a round tablespoon worked perfectly to get the juice and seeds out but leaving the firm flesh.
Mix the other seven ingredients together in a bowl. If you can't/don't do cheese, simply leave that out. You could also substitute feta or even goat cheese here. They would all be delicious!
Mix it together thoroughly to ensure the egg is well-combined.
Stuff the filling into the tomatoes. I managed to get all of mine in, but it did take a lot of pressing and squishing for the end bit. (It's okay if it's mounded on top too, it will brown and cook evenly.)
Bake them in the middle of the oven for thirty minutes.
They are delicious on their own or served alongside a salad or meal. Mine was delicious with Copper River Salmon, but a Greek Salad would be delicious too!